Hazmat Plus is a specialised Environmental and Health & Safety Consultancy servicing Eastern Australia since 2014.
Hazmat Plus has successfully undertaken work with State and Local Government, Tier 1 civil contractors, demolition/asbestos removal companies and residential clients including NSW Fair Trading, NSW WorkCover, Water NSW, NSW Department of Primary Industries, Qld Health, ACT Capital Works and Procurement, Brisbane City Council, Tamworth Regional Council, Lend Lease, McDonald’s Australia, Lindsay Australia, Douglas Partners, Hutchinson Builders and Aztech Services.
Our tertiary qualified and experienced consultants can assist you to navigate your legislated and social environmental and health & safety responsibilities to protect the environment and your worker’s health ensuring compliance and risk management.
We are fully insured and hold licenses and accreditation in our specialist fields.
We work with industry, commercial property, civil contractors, the Government and the community.
Kynan Usback is the Founding Director and Principal Environmental Scientist/Occupational Hygienist
Kynan has twenty year’s practical experience with the primary areas of his expertise including the evaluation and control of hazards associated with asbestos & hazardous materials including building surveys/inspections, occupational hygiene assessments, risk assessments, monitoring and consulting services for a wide variety of workplaces/sites and contaminants of concern. He also consults on contaminated land and clandestine drug laboratory detection and remediation.
Kynan has a Bachelor of Environmental Science majoring in Environmental Management and a Diploma of The Sciences in Natural Resources Management with both qualifications being from the University of New England, Armidale NSW. Kynan has undertaken countless specialist training courses and seminars on asbestos, occupational hygiene and contaminated land management. He holds the highest levels of licenses, tickets and training certificates available in Australia for asbestos consulting and removal including being a Qld/NSW Licensed Asbestos Assessor (LAA000112), BOHS P402 Certified Asbestos Surveyor and a Friable Asbestos Removal Supervisor, making him a true specialist in the asbestos field.
Kynan also has well-developed skills in environmental site assessment and monitoring having undertaken numerous site investigations and desktop studies related to contaminated land management for environmental due diligence, development applications and land-use zoning changes, waste management, beneficial soil reuse, acid sulphate soils management and broader environmental management.
Kynan is a Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) and has been involved in numerous projects ranging from soil chemical analysis, contaminated land management including preliminary and detailed site investigations, remediation, validation, property due diligence and material waste classification. He is skilled in environmental & occupational hygiene monitoring having received training in the use of scientific monitoring equipment for all mediums including fibres, dust, gases, metal fumes, soil vapour, silica, noise, mould and water quality testing.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Member of the Environmental Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ) 2009-present
- Member of the Australasian Land and Groundwater Association (ALGA) 2013-present
- Member of the Faculty of Asbestos Management of Australia and New Zealand (FAMANZ) 2019-present
- Provisional Member of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) 2009-present
- Associate Member of the Australasian Contaminated Lands Consultants Association (ACLCA) 2015-present
- Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) 2019-present
- NSW WorkCover Licensed Asbestos Assessor (LAA000112) 2013-present
- BOHS P402 Certificate, Asbestos Surveys and Bulk Sampling (UK) 2006
- NSW Friable Asbestos Removal and Friable Asbestos Removal Supervisor Tickets 2008
- Certified Professional Soil Scientist 2012-2017
- WorkCover NSW OH&S Construction Safety Induction (White Card)
- St John’s Senior First Aid Certificate
- Elevated Work Platforms NSW (Yellow Ticket)
- Manual Car, Medium Rigid Truck, Personal Water Craft and Boat licenses