Asbestos testing and asbestos identification, risk assessments, Hazardous Materials building surveys, registers and management plans, asbestos removal clearance inspections and air monitoring.
Hazmat Plus provides expert consulting services with our professional asbestos hygienists in asbestos identification, assessment and management of asbestos-containing materials and their associated risks to properties. Our consultants perform Hazmat Surveys, Asbestos Testing, Asbestos Identification & Hazardous Material Assessments in the wider Brisbane area.
Our environmental consultants are experienced across a broad field of property risk services and are able to assist in the development of risk management programs and controls including the audit and surveying of buildings to management plans and asbestos awareness training of staff. Hazmat Plus also provides due diligence services to clients for the purpose of property acquisition or divestment having undertaken many site inspections with data gap analysis reporting which identify shortcomings of previous asbestos testing surveys including asbestos identification of misidentified or worst, missed asbestos materials within the building.
Hazmat Plus has qualified competent asbestos hygienists in the asbestos and hazardous materials field who can assist with asbestos testing/auditing, development of management procedures, asbestos training and removal work to manage the ACM’s on-site. We have an NSW & QLD Licensed Asbestos Assessors and ACT Class A Asbestos Assessors on staff. We service all types of companies and organisations providing advice to limit their liability, meet legislative requirements and protect the health of building occupants.
We are closely affiliated with laboratories accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for asbestos air monitoring and asbestos bulk sample analysis and can provide fast and reliable laboratory analysis of all samples.
Our Asbestos Testing Services include:
- Hazardous materials assessments and surveys
- Hazardous materials survey reports and register
Reports containing all identified hazardous materials on-site with individual risk assessment of each material outlining the type, extent, location, condition and accessibility with accompanying photographs for ease of reference.
- Asbestos Testing Brisbane
- Asbestos Assessments Brisbane
- Asbestos Inspections Brisbane
- Asbestos Air Monitoring Brisbane
- Asbestos register, surveys and management plans
- Hazmat material testing and inspections
- Pre-Demolition surveys and inspections
- Hazmat surveys
Asbestos specific inspection and assessments. Survey reports contain asbestos register including risk assessment and management plans for in-situ asbestos-containing materials (ACM).
- Compliance and due diligence re-inspection reports
Asbestos and Hazardous Materials re-inspections and/or previous reports review and update of existing asbestos register prior to investment or divestment. We can also provide an ACM labelling service during re-inspections with site-specific labels complying with AS1319-1994, Warning Signs for the Occupational Environment.
- ACM risk assessment
Full risk assessment of identified ACM including:
- Material type
- Likelihood of disturbance
- Asbestos exposure assessment
- Scenario re-enactment using protected Asbestos Removal Contractors or potential exposure event assessment.
- Asbestos and lead paint/dust sampling and analysis utilising NATA accredited laboratories
- Safe collection of suspected ACM and lead paint/dust under controlled conditions and fast turnaround on analysis results.
- Asbestos awareness training
- Awareness training presentations for your staff given at your office premises or work site.
- Provision of Removal Scope of Works for the removal of asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Removal Scope of Works outlining all remediation of asbestos-containing materials and other hazardous materials in accordance with WHS Regulations and Asbestos Code of Practice requirements.
- Asbestos clearance inspections and certificates
How to get asbestos tested?
Asbestos testing & asbestos identification is performed by a specialist environmental health & safety consultancy. If you suspect that you have come into contact with asbestos at work, then you need to immediately contact your company’s asbestos hygienist. Homeowners can contact a specialist company directly for advice.
When is asbestos testing required?
Asbestos testing & asbestos identification is required whenever you suspect that asbestos is within the environment. This often happens during renovations of older buildings, as asbestos can be found in cladding, wall linings, roofs, drains, pipes and gutters. Contact your company’s asbestos hygienist or a specialist testing company immediately.
Who can test for asbestos?
Asbestos testing & asbestos identification is performed by specialist environmental health & safety consultants. An asbestos hygienist takes samples of the suspicious materials for testing and removes the materials if the test is positive. Home owners can contact these companies directly to ask for advice and engage their services.
Our Hazmat & Asbestos Consultants service NSW, QLD and the ACT with offices in Brisbane, Canberra, Dubbo and Sydney.
View more about our environmental monitoring and management plans here.